Kindergarten to Year 6 Farsi & Dari Syllabus
- Our curriculum comprises of a comprehensive Farsi & Dari learning series designed to teach Farsi & Dari from Kindergarten to year Six.
- Our curriculum aims to teach Farsi & Dari language to children and youth according to the most knowing up-to date methods of teaching Farsi & Dari.
- Each level from K -6 includes 100-200 hours of Farsi in one continues 12 months period.
- Our curriculum addresses the four main linguistic skills which are: reading, listening, speaking and writing in a balanced integrated way.
- All grades from Kindergarten to year Six receive their Farsi language Certificate of Completion from O.M.A.H.A.I. Foundation.
Access to Farsi/Dari education remains a barrier for many Afghan children in the host countries as well as in Iceland. The need for a sound, holistic, coordinated and durable approach to launching quality education in the heritage language, Farsi, is thus crucial in the West. Cross-border certification and accreditation of learning programs, coupled with the recognition of institutions providing education, is important to ensure that children educated in one context, particularly refugees, have their certificate of learning recognized and thus rendering it portable.
O.M.A.H.A.I Foundation is focusing on delivering education services to refugees. We are focusing on scaling up the provision of quality education for the Afghan refugee children in a context of meeting their needs and their right to mother-tongue education. Because certification is challenging for programs outside any formal system, O.M.A.H.A.I takes a leading role in launching a program of Farsi curricula for Grades K–6 to educate refugee children and assure certification of learning the heritage language programs.
Farsi Beginners Course
The aim of the course is to provide a thorough introduction to contemporary Farsi. By the end of the course, students will have covered basic grammatical constructions and acquired an essential working vocabulary allowing them to communicate within a limited range of situations in which learners are likely to find themselves. The language is presented together with the cultural context in which it is used so that learners are able to appreciate such things as appropriateness and linguistic etiquette when interaction takes place in the target language.
The course is taught in English and Farsi with coverage of the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, and a balance between communicative activities, structure practice and grammar.
Farsi Elementary Course
The course aims to consolidate the basis of Farsi grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation covered in the Farsi Beginners Course; coverage of more complex structures and vocabulary; emphasis on spoken communication and listening and reading comprehension.
The course is taught in English and Farsi and includes coverage of the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing and a balance between communicative activities, structure practice and grammar.